- I found this book a bit more than a usual pocket guide.
- If you are a beginner and don’t know anything about AIR, then this book is the best bet.
- The chapters were well organized to take you from novice stage to advanced stage in AIR.
- Covers ADOBE AIR 1.0
- Chapter I and II of this book teaches you many information and technical details about the AIR which might lots of time if you have to get it from Internet.
- The authors have given lots of code snippets while explaining a topic instead of lots of theoretical text. Some thing that programmers always look for.
- This book also gives an insight about Webkit engine, architecture of AIR and the security model of AIR
The most interesting part in this book is the “Mini cookbook”.
- The mini cookbook chapter contains worked out samples with complete code explanation. It includes samples that can help you understand (from AIR perspective) Application Chrome, Windowing, File API, File Pickers, Service and Server Monitoring, Online/Offline, Drag-and-Drop, Embedded Database, Command-Line Arguments, Networking, Sound.
- This book is worth buying for its content coverage and its also very cheap.