Artificial Intelligence has always been one of the most captivating segments of recent tech-savvy advancements. And with ongoing AI projects like chatbot development, the Internet of Things, heart disease prediction, Banking Bot development, etc., having many twists and turns in their developmental journey, its no wonder to find them taking over the internet world by stealing the attention of people from all walks of life.
One such AI project that has taken over the internet and proven to be alluring is OpenAI ChatGPT. From day one to the recent weeks, it has seen an exponential expansion in the user base. Let me walk through you all about the features, functions, and future of Chatbot GPT in detail in this blog post.
Defining OpenAI Chat GPT
ChatGPT (GPT stands for Generative Pretrained Transformer) is an AI-powered language model that initially acts as an effective tool for contextually finding answers to queries asked by users through conversational format.
That said, OpenAI (the most famous AI research firm) released the initial prototype of this chatbot in the last week of November the 30th. And within a week after its launch, ChatGPT gained more than a million users, reports a BBC article.
Based on the latest GPT 3.5 language model and tech-savvy concepts like Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, and Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback, Open AI ChatGPT generates well-written, human-like text answers for the queries asked. And these answers are purely based on the inputs given by the users.
With the provision to follow-up conversations and the privilege to decline to answer questions in some cases, ChatGPT has become a fascinating tool for people to tinker.
Where did this craze for creating ChatGPT begin?
OpenAI, a non-profitable AI research firm began the quest to create ChatGPT from its Instruct GPT model. And the current prototype version of the chatGPT that we use on the internet for free is a temporary arrangement by the company to test the functioning of the chat GPT tool and get feedback from users for improvements.
That said, OpenAI, started by Sam Altman, Elon Musk, and other investors in 2015, is also famous for its noteworthy projects like GPT 3 technology, Dall-E (text-to-image generator), etc.
Now let’s find out how to use ChatGPT and look at some of its features that make it alluring and popular within the short span since its advent in November 2022.
How to use OpenAI Chat GPT?
Accessing the ChatGPT would require you to sign up with the OpenAI website with your email ID and follow some subsequent steps where you have to include personal details like your name, mobile number, and your purpose of accessing the AI-powered Tool.
That said, after signing up, you will get a user interface similar to the one shown in the below images.
From the list of services they offer, select the option to try using ChatGPT.
And, alas! You are all set to search for answers to your queries and figure out how the chatbot interacts with you. From writing fictional stories, poems, and business plans to helping coders to code, it can do so many things for you based on your input.
Features of Chat GPT
The features of the chatGPT have some interesting capabilities like,
Remembering the previous conversations it has had with its users: This helps ChatGPT to give more relevant answers to the queries and tasks assigned to it and gives the users the privilege to make corrections in their follow-ups with the chatbot.
The privilege of declining to answer inappropriate questions: To prevent the circulation of misleading answers, the developers of Chat GPT have implemented moderation API. Even though this moderation system is in its initial stages, it gives the privilege for the Chat GPT to politely decline to answer tricky questions.
Noteworthy features of OpenAI ChatGPT in a nutshell
- Answering the queries.
- Solving mathematical problems.
- Writing content and text (From writing emails, articles, and student essays, to poems, and blog posts, it creates captivating content to read based on the user’s inputs).
- Summarizing articles and identifying the core points used there.
- Giving practical ideas and suggestions for queries.
- Elucidating core concepts of any technical question asked.
- Throwing some insights into debugging codes written by programmers, etc.
Now having seen the features of ChatGPT, let’s find out the benefits, limitations, and future ChatGPT holds for everyone.
Benefits of using Chat GPT
Some of the benefits of using the current version of Chat GPT include,
- Since its good at writing content based on the inputs given by the writer, it can help in writing reader-friendly content and help everyone in emails, articles, and research articles writing.
- It can understand and respond to the queries of users using natural language.
- Since ChatGPT accesses a vast expanse of data to generate answers to queries, it can give personalized recommendations and suggestions for people.
- It can explain concepts clearly and help academic people to research and learn things effectively.
- Other benefits include effortless automation of tasks, data analysis, providing customer service platforms, etc.
How can ChatGPT enhance software development and help software companies
Over the years, we have already seen AI tools help software companies and developers in many ways. Now, look at what ChatGPT has to say on this in the image below.
ChatGPT, with its unique capability to remember hints from previous conversations, has proven to help developers and coders to debug their program codes and improve them effectively.
That said, in the last few weeks, youtube has several videos of how chatGPT interacts with programmers and helps them to figure out errors in their codes, and it also explains to them why the suggestions given by it are valid.
Therefore, this AI application plots a road ahead for developers and software development companies to leverage the inputs given to create better software.
That said, it will proceed to make changes for them so that they can concentrate more on software architectural and infrastructural tasks other than coding.
Limitations and the future ahead
Since the knowledge base used for training ChatGPT ends in 2021, there are certain limitations to what it can and cannot answer.
And since the prototype is still in its trial phase and initial stages of interacting with users and doesn’t offer any insights into where it retrieves information for answering the queries, every answer given by it is not entirely reliable.
Many AI experts and entrepreneurs have given insights into how Chat GPT will change the future. Some of these noteworthy insights and expectations include,
- A new horizon on how to use search engines: Since ChatGPT can give well-versed explanations and suggestions to solve problems, experts say it will alter how we use search engines).
- A new vision for the future where we will have virtual assistants helping us with tasks: Since ChatGPT is a trial prototype and there are still so many ongoing improvements and experiments on enhancing its efficiency in assisting people, the future version of the current ChatGPT will be more sophisticated, like a virtual assistant.
My final thoughts
Now, since it’s too early to conclude anything about the recently launched OpenAI ChatGPT, one thing we can vouch for is the exciting and tech-savvy changes we will witness while moving ahead. And when it comes to software development, Chat GPT with more enhanced functionality will surely help developers and software companies in a more efficient way.